Re: [Epic] Andy Chamber's Campaign Rules

From: <duckrvr_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 1997 08:43:13 -0500

At 10:07 AM 6/12/97 -0700, you wrote:

> Strange, my primary Warlock Titan Ceascurathorioss (Mighty Walker of
>the Void) is going strong with 52 experience points and the Dodge, Evade,
>and Damage Limitation Honors. It's survived being fired on by ten
>tarantulas and an Imperial Guard Heavy Company and Baneblade Company
>without taking damage or using its Damage honor. Another Warlock's
>heading down the same path with a Dodge honor.
> I don't know about how long Titans of other races lasted. Any other
>old veterans out there with elite Titans standing guard to the Emperor,
>Ork Warlord, or the Avatars of Khaela Mensha Khaine?

        Well, first, you have to have a fairly closed group in order to use
collected experience. I haven't had that since we used an experience chart
for captains in SFB when I was in high school.
        Second, you are an incredibly lucky man. I took a titan versus
Imperials exactly one time. It did survive, but it was crippled, and I had
spent an insane amount of time/energy trying to protect it. In my
experience, one turn from an imperial arty company will take down a phantom
or warlock about half the time.
        Third, the best way for titans to gain experience is using the titan
objectives, which are almost universally despised as being unbalancing on
this list.

Temp