Re: [Epic] Question on Tyranid Biotitans

From: David Lado <lado_at_...>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 16:16:00 -0400 (EDT)

>> > Oh, and why would it get 2 rolls?
>>
>> Damage Capacity of 4 halved = 2 rolls.
>
> About this Titans doing damage in CC thing... Do you people
>think that it's current or max DC that determines how many rolls a WE
>gets? Do you think it's unclear enough to ask the Primarchs?
>
>(I always assumed it was max, but have seen several people claim
>otherwise)

Page 42 of the rule book:

"War engines can also do a lot more damage in close combat. Instead of
rolling a single hit dice for each war engine in base-to-base contact with
enemy unit(s), roll a number of hit dice equal to half the war engine's
*remaining* Damage Capacity, rounding up. Note that a war engine can't
destroy more units than it is fighting even if it scores excess hits."

(emphasis mine)

So presumably, the hit dice rolled by a WE are rolled seperately from any
other detachments that might have been involved in the CC.

David