Re: [Epic] Titan CC weapons (was: Question on Tyranid Biotitans)

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 1997 10:14:08 -0400

David Lado wrote:

> Well, they do get to move twice per turn (30 cm)

        What's the 30cm in reference to? While CC reavers and
warlord titans would be moving 30cm a turn, CC phantom/warlocks
could go up to 40cm IIRC, and Subjugators could go as far as 50cm.

> Also, just as his WEs will have infantry around, so should yours.
> You can use that supporting force to engage units that block you
> path, hopefully allowing your titan to maneuver through the hole
> in the enemy line you made during the fire phase.

        Good point.

> It wouldn't be easy. You would have to have a clear strategy and a
> dedicated support force to go with the titan. But the potential
> pay-off is enormous! In one blow you can reduce a completely
> undamaged WE to a 200+ pt pile of smoking slag.
>
> The mere sight of such a force might keep the opponents WEs cowering on
> his back lines, trying to stay 30 cm away from your titan.

        I kinda doubt that. Titans are still (if not more so)
vulnerable to massed firepower, and running headlong into the
enemy to get within range of his WEs, AT shots and who knows
what else sounds like a good way to get blown to smithereens.

        OTOH, the CC titan would probably make a good fire magnet
for the same reason - you could make it look like you're going
for his WEs in CC, and carry out other plans with the rest of
your army while your opponent is destroying your CC titan.

Scott
shupes_at_...