Re: [Epic] 2nd Ed Campaign

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 00:35:30 PDT

You wrote :
>Over the summer I`m planning on playing a campaign using rules I

wrote a
>while back. I`ve just re-read them and noticed an omission. In the
>campaign it is possible for a small army to fight a large army.

Battles are
>normally fought as a normal game of EPIC, but how many victory

points should
>be needed to win the battle. For example in a game 3000pts vs

8000pts,

>a) 8000pt army needs 65 VPs to win and 3000pt army needs only

40VPs.
>b) Both armies need a total of 53 VPs to win. (average of each

armies
>individual total.)
>
>I can see advantages to both methods, though I prefer a). Any

opinions on
>the matter are welcome, including any other methods that I may have

overlooked.

> DSK

What about creating special scenarios for these battles? For exemple

you can imagine that the strongest army is leaded by a high officer

(= extra VPs for the opponent if killed) or this army could have to

take a castle ( = extra VPs for the opponent if it isn't taken)...
With this system each army could have the same need of VPs to win the

battle.
It's not really easy to adapt this to your set of campaign rules but

I think it's more interesting than simple battles where the strongest

army would have a too easy work to win... If you understand French

you can see my Cottman IV campaign rules where I made some special

scenarios to make our battles more interesting unless the different

army sizes. If you don't understand French then you can see my way to

build campaign in the English version of my page.

Bon courage.

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

Please visit my Epic page :

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/