RE: [Epic] 2nd Ed Campaign

From: David Knowles <link0031_at_...>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 16:04:32 +0000

At 12:07 16/06/97 -0400, you wrote:

> You know what might be interesting is have some rule for the 'leftover'
>troops. That's one thing I notice about e40K. You tend to have little bits and
>pieces of detachments left. No one wants them to be wiped out, so they go and
>hide in cover or something.
>How about detachments at 25% strenght or below may band together with others in
>a similar situratino to form a new detachment. This represnts someone taking
>command of leaderless troops and directing them in a fight for survival.
>Anyway, it's an interesting concept.

I like this idea, I'll probably try it in one of the next games that I play
along with some other rules that I've been planning to try. Like once a unit is
destroyed it may re-enter the battle as reinforcements, then just keep playing
until the players are too tired to continue. This should provide a fun days
gaming over the summer.

                                DSK