RE: [Epic] Battle Honors - 1st rewrite

From: James Nugent <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 07:41:35 -0400

.

.<snip battle honors>
Nice job, just a few things I was wondering about=
, but very nice job.

Eldar
====
Crew:
Bonesingers - +1 to repair r=
olls (Phantom and Warlock titans add +2)

Why the differnece? Why not just =
make them all +2? (Or all +1) I don't think the original had an such provis=
ion. Just wondering.

Mandi-Blasters - titan gains 3fp at 15cm range (app=
lies to one titan per honor)
Kind useless, but makes sense.

Ork
===
=
Crew:
Super Riggers - as Imperial Damage Control
Lucky - as Imperial
Shooty=
 Boyz - as Imperial Marksmanship
Speed-Freek Mekboy - as Imperial Fast
Mek =
Shieldboy - gargant automatically has maximum shields, Warboss gets max+2

=
Warboss:
Dirty Fighter - as imperial Berzerker
Very Shouty - WE detachment =
gains command ability

This means it operates the same as a supreme command=
er? If so that's pretty cool.

Chaos tail - Titan gains cc weapon w/o fp =
(applies to one per honor)
This may be a bit much, how about insist that th=
ey model it. Or maybe make it a weaker CC weapon. Automaticly causes a crit=
ical if you wint and +6AF or something like that.

Tyranids
=====
====
Hive Mind:
Lucky - as Imperial
Marksman - as Imperial
Berzerk =
- as Imperial
Damage Limitation - as Imperial
Lightning Reflexes - as Imper=
ial
Animal Cunning - as Imperial Tactical Genius
Agile - as Eldar
Self-Awa=
reness - as Imperial Psyker Princeps
Warp-sight - as Eldar Farseer

Bio-eng=
ineering:
Improved Regeneration - as Imperial Camage Control
Fast - as Impe=
rial
Heavy Armor - +6 DC
Turbo-Weapon - as Imperial
Endo-Skeleton - as Elda=
r Reinforced Structure
____________________________________________________=
________

Points Cost for one-off games:
Small WEs (Superheavies, etc.) up =
to 150 pts - 25pts/unit in the detachment
Medium WEs (Scout Titans) - up to=
 250 pts - 50 pts/unit in detachment
Large WEs (Battle Titans) - up to 600p=
ts - 100 pts/unit
Extra Large (Imperator and Mega-) - above 600 pts - 200 p=
ts/unit

I think these should be done as percentages. For instance a battle=
 honor cost 1/6 of the points cost of a unit per unit. (That seemed to be t=
he pattern you were using). For instace it costs a phantom titan 100 points=
 on a 380 point unit or almost 25 percent, while for a warlord the cost is =
a bit over 1/6. (100/555? No calculator handy.) Thus a percentage, or fract=
ion like 1/6 seems fair. How about no honor may be bought more than once pe=
r battle. I was picturing orks with the 'Very Shouty' honor. Or someone buy=
ing tail for all their chaos titans, which now cannot be engaged in CC. May=
be have people buy random honors in stead of picking. I'd like to do a game=
 where you give every war machine 1 random honor. Maybe limit the number of=
 war machines before hand.

The Chaos Tail could possibly have 2 fp. I di=
dn't want to make it too
powerful, though, and adding a whole new weapon sl=
ot seemed too much.

Honestly, I thought making it a cc weapon was a bit po=
werful. 2Fp would definaly be over the top, like you said, it would be anot=
her weapon.

I picked 3 fp for the mandi-blasters so they would not place =
an automatic BM
when used with a single wing weapon or cc weapon. Unfortun=
ately, this means
they will only place one BM even if all their fp-based we=
apons fire (1 cc+2
wings+3fp=15 pts) at a single target. Should this be =
bumped up, or left at 3?

honestly, i think you could bump it up. Or possil=
by make it the same as a chaos titan tail. (gives a cc bonus). At 15cm I do=
n't think it's going to fire much anyway. Personally, i think you bump it u=
p to 4 or even 6 without much problem, as ir will only be used in Firefight=
s anyway.

---------------------------------------------------------------=
"Your incorrect assumptions=
 are threefold."
"You assume law still reigns in the Five Galaxies"
"You as=
sume that we would be bound by precedents and precepts from the last 10 mil=
lion years."
"But your most incorrect assumption of all is to assume that w=
e care."
                                        -David Brin, Infinity's Shore
-