Re: [Epic] 2nd Ed Campaign

From: David Knowles <link0031_at_...>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 16:04:29 +0000

At 00:35 17/06/97 PDT, you wrote:

>What about creating special scenarios for these battles? For exemple
>you can imagine that the strongest army is leaded by a high officer
>(= extra VPs for the opponent if killed) or this army could have to
>take a castle ( = extra VPs for the opponent if it isn't taken)...
>With this system each army could have the same need of VPs to win the
>battle.
>It's not really easy to adapt this to your set of campaign rules but
>I think it's more interesting than simple battles where the strongest
>army would have a too easy work to win... If you understand French
>you can see my Cottman IV campaign rules where I made some special
>scenarios to make our battles more interesting unless the different
>army sizes. If you don't understand French then you can see my way to
>build campaign in the English version of my page.
>Bon courage.
>

>Francois Bruntz

The campaign as it stands allows for a few basic scenarios, eg. Ambush, Assault,
Raid, and a second type of assault used when attacking the enemys capital. I
would like to include a few other scenarios, but I figured that these would
develop as the campaign takes place.

For example if a character stand seems to do extremely well in battle then he
may become the focus of a scenario, or a titan that has survived every battle
that it has fought may become so notorious that the enemy decides to go after
it. The thing is I really want to finish the campaign, and not just leave it
hanging when I go off to university so I don't want it to get too bogged with
scenarios, or for individual battles to go on for too long.

Thanks for the suggestions anyway, I'll try to have a look at your website as
soon as I can.

                                DSK