Re: [Epic] Q&A 3 and NEWS!

From: Aaron P Teske <Mithramuse+_at_...>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 18:26:51 -0400 (EDT)

Excerpts from Epic: 17-Jun-97 Re: [Epic] Q&A 3 and NEWS! by duckrvr_at_...
> >P: Actually, it's only Rampage units in base contact with an enemy that
> >can't retreat, though I have to [say] that this point could have been made
> >more clearly in the rule. The idea is that you get to roll two 'to hit'
> >dice if you win, but you die if you lose!
>
> So does that mean a rampager doesn't get ANY rolls if it loses? Or perhaps
> just one? Egads, they should really pay more attention tot he connotations
> in the things they write.

I'd say stick with the rulebook on this one. "A unit that has the
Rampage special ability rolls 2 dice to score hits in close combat." I
don't think Jervis' "but" is exclusive of anything else happening....

                    Aaron Teske
                    Mithramuse+_at_...