Re: [Epic] Q&A 3 and NEWS!

From: David Lado <lado_at_...>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 20:40:36 -0400 (EDT)

>> >P: Actually, it's only Rampage units in base contact with an enemy that
>> >can't retreat, though I have to [say] that this point could have been made
>> >more clearly in the rule. The idea is that you get to roll two 'to hit'
>> >dice if you win, but you die if you lose!
>>
>> So does that mean a rampager doesn't get ANY rolls if it loses? Or perhaps
>> just one? Egads, they should really pay more attention tot he connotations
>> in the things they write.
>
>I'd say stick with the rulebook on this one. "A unit that has the
>Rampage special ability rolls 2 dice to score hits in close combat." I
>don't think Jervis' "but" is exclusive of anything else happening....

Given the vageries that make it into the rulebook, I think it's very unwise
to over-interprit a Q&A which Jervis may not have even proofread before
sending out (though his spelling is suspiciously good :). I think it's
very unlikely that rampagers only roll dice when they win. It's more
likely Jervis just sent out the answer without thinking about how a
bunch of nit-pickers (who, us? ;) would interprit it.

David