RE: [Epic] Tournament army for review

From: James Nugent <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 07:04:41 -0400

.

At 04:52 PM 6/16/97 -0500, you wrote:

>HQ +25 185 (50 AF. Mv 30, =
charge 45
>Aspect +JP,+Aslt,+Psy even bugs look twice.)
>Aspect +JP,+A=
slt x9

sounds good.

>HQ +25
>Aspect +JP x5 NightSpinner x5 300 (j=
p so they can keep up)
> (suppress the bejeezus out of some=
one)

Why the aspects? Just 'cuz they're cheap?

>HQ +25 305 (trnspt=
 for Harlies)
>Vampire x3
>Pheonix x2

Are they just transport or are you p=
lanning on making them bombers? If you
put the detachment on transport ord=
ers the phoenixes are just wandering
around, aren't they?

>ShadowSeer Gre=
at Harlequin 207 (cause they look so
>Harlequin Squad (2) x3 darn co=
ol. and 58 AF
>Harlequin squad (2)+Solitaire x2 isnt bad either.)

Loo=
ks okay.

> I also toyed with the idea of replacing the flyers and harlequi=
ns with a
>warlock titan. It seems like this is way to fragile. Not enough =
units on
>the board. I have not played that many games so I am unsure how =
this is
>going to work out.

I think a better flier composition would be ad=
vantageous. Maybe jetbikes
instead of Harlies and homogenous fliers?

> Th=
e plan was to use the 5 NightSpinners on overwatch to place 4-5 BMs
Then wh=
y aspects? Pick something that will benefit from being on overwatch
with t=
hem, like falcons. They are more expensive, but they will be useful,
while=
 your jp aspects will sit on overwatch with nothing in range.

> When they =
are sufficiently covered in BMs(turn 2 I would think) I
>would drop the har=
lequins on his rear line and charge with the aspect
>detachment. after tha=
t I could use the flyers as ground attack with 24
>FP!!! It still seems li=
ke to few units to me but with Eldar you are kind
>of stuck with that.

1) =
If you are using the "Meeting Encounter" rules for the tourney, then you
wo=
n't get to pick when the fliers arrive, as they are considered reserves.
Si=
nce they will be your only reserve detachment, they _will_ arrive during
th=
e movement phase of turn 2.

2) If you put them on transport orders, the p=
hoenixes are just hanging out,
being worthless. Assuming they don't take a=
ny damage at all, you can't do a
bombing run until they refuel, i.e. turn 2=
.

I believe this is not true. The phoeinixis would get to fire normall, b=
ut they just have to
stay with the vampires and attack at the same time. A=
lso transporting flyers fire at half effect. Also, when the fire they drop =
off their troops. The other flyers in the detachment fire normall, e.e like=
 a normal ground attack.
-------------------------------------------------=
"Your incorre=
ct assumptions are threefold."
"You assume law still reigns in the Five Gal=
axies"
"You assume that we would be bound by precedents and precepts from t=
he last 10 million years."
"But your most incorrect assumption of all is to=
 assume that we care."
                                        -David Brin, Infinity's Shore