Re: [Epic] Citadel Journal Squats List 1 (long)

From: Alan Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 01:47:02 -0700

CLL_at_... wrote:

> Robots 15cm 45cm 1 2 6+ Rapid Fire.

OK, Rapid Fire seems good. Wish I'd of thought of that. I still like the
D3 for combat though...

> Termite 10cm n/a 0 1 6+ Transport(1), Rampage
> Mole 10cm n/a 0 3 6+ Transport(4), Rampage
>
> RULES: Termites and Moles operate exactly like Drop Pods, except the
> model replaces the Drop Pod counter and may continue to act with the rest
> of it's detachment. You can't use them as Drop Pods in the planetary
> assault scenario. Like Drop Pods they always count as reserves.

Good, exactly as per my idea. However... you need a bit more, as what
happens when they get AMBUSHed? What about the carriers?
I like the Rampage bit. This nicely simulates a) the additional CC
ability of having a tunneling machine grinding up things it's in combat
with (literally) and b) Not having a reverse gear... Again, an idea I
wish I'd have thought of.

> Thunderfire 10cm 45cm 3 0 5+ Flak

45cm sounds about right.

> War Engines will have to wait I'm afraid

Again, see my previous posts on this. Colossus, Leviathan and Cyclops
are all variants of the same beast. Land trains I'm not sure of.

> Upgrade to a veteran(Stubborn)...+2points

To make it consistent with the upcoming 40K?

> Up to 1 Living Ancestor................15points
> Consists of 1 Squat Unit (Psyker)

1 LA per detachment, the Stumpies WILL be pleased. I can live with this.

> MAIN FORCE

> Upgrade to Berserkers* (Assault)........+2 points per unit

No Rampage? Consider carefully, this has implications on 40K... remember
what the WFB Berserkers are, they should certainly qualify as Rampagers.

> Any questions, then fire away, and I'll try to answer them, BUT I haven't
> had chance to playtest this yet.

Not so much questions as comments. Hope you find them helpful.

BTW the ExoArmour = Save, Heathguard = Hero is good too. Nicely matches
Termies and Nobz respectively.

--
100026.2014 compuserve o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo
See http://www.z-world.com/graphics/z/master/8856.gif for picture