Re: [Epic] Thread on Orcs, AT & LRs [was barrage]

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 09:00:42 +1000 (EST)

>Mike wrote "the Orks don't have a single Anti-Tank weapon(though the lifta
>droppa is close)I just get tired of fighting off 8+ Land Raiders with nothing
>more
>than FP. Gargants don't last long that way."
>
>AMEN. My opponent always gets an armour det of landraiders & a SM for each
>(1 to 1 ratio) and a unit of three Whirlwinds - hasnt changed his army since
>we started epic40k & nothing I can do with my orks gets even close to
>winning! Also, as far as I can see, not a single barrage cept for the
>flyers.

Sounds like the typical GW thing to do with Space Marines. They are the
single most popular army to collect in 40K (and they are absurdly good in
40K too), so make them the most powerful army in Epic97.

GW has a hard-on for the Space Marines and makes them super-duper in all
areas of their gaming world (with the exception of Space Hulk). It's just a
male ego and size thing for them I guess.

-Kelvin.....

      "Boy, Elizabethan pronouns still send a
             tingle up the old spine!"
                  -The Tick