Re: [Epic] Average detachment size

From: Stephen Sheldon <stephes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 09:01:32 -0700 (PDT)

> Salutations,
>
> At the moment I'm trying to make the base of my future Space Marine
>
> army but I don't know what size must have my detachments...
> 150 points seems to be too little, 500 points is too big.
>
> What is the good average size for a detachment?

Depends what force you are playing. My imperial forces average about
250-350. But I do have a big Armour det. of 600 points, and a rough rider
det. with hellhounds of 160.
My orks are another story. I haven't won with them yet, nor do I foresee
it, I just will not break the 600 point mob mentallity, they are way too
much fun to play like thaat, and fun being the name of the game, I stick
with it.
Steve