RE: [Epic] Thread on Orcs, AT & LRs [was barrage]

From: David Lado <lado_at_...>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 1997 18:08:53 -0400 (EDT)

>>While we are on the subject, does anyone think that the IG HQ units should
>>be cheapened? If they can only command 3 stands, then perhaps their command
>>ability should be reduced to 8 pts (1/3 of normal) since their ability is
>>1/3 of what other commanders is.
>>
>>Just thinking out loud.
>>
>>Temp
>
>Probably better to make command squads 7 pts, and require a detachment HQ
>for +25 pts, to put them in line with other detachment's costs - same
>effect if you have 3 command squads, but expensive on a per unit basis for
>small detachments.

I definitely agree with this. Basically, under the current rules, there is
no good reason to field an IG infantry detachment with more than 3 squads.
You might as well make them seperate squads so you get the benifit of more
flexiblility and easier command. I would be interested in hearing the
rational behind the added cost of the IG command, 96 points to field IG
command units is ridiculous (and I play orks!).

I do see one good thing about the IG though: they can give their
psychers saves. This should defintely help in their survival.

David