RE: [Epic] Thread on Orcs, AT & LRs [was barrage]

From: Philip Troy Routley <ptr320_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 13:48:54 -0600 (CST)

>While we are on the subject, does anyone think that the IG HQ units should
>be cheapened? If they can only command 3 stands, then perhaps their command
>ability should be reduced to 8 pts (1/3 of normal) since their ability is
>1/3 of what other commanders is.
>
>Just thinking out loud.
>
>Temp

Probably better to make command squads 7 pts, and require a detachment HQ
for +25 pts, to put them in line with other detachment's costs - same
effect if you have 3 command squads, but expensive on a per unit basis for
small detachments.

BTW, I am new to this list, and new to epic. I have wanted to get into
epic for years, but was always daunted by the initial cost of buying all
the rules I would need, since they were spread around so much. Now that
they released E40k I rejoiced! I am fielding the marines from the boxed
set (all DA) with the addition of some attack bikes and landspeeders (which
I bought before I knew they were going to create special rules for
ravenwing), but I want the majority of my army to be IG - just waiting for
some infantry to become available. I really hope they make a set of
infantry for each of the 40k infantry types (i.e. Catachan, Mordian,
Tallarn, etc.) because all my IG are donning desert camouflage.

Troy