Re: [Epic] Firepower vs Anti-Tank

From: Richard Dewsbery <dewsbery_at_...>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 1997 12:50:30 +0100

> I have to disagree I don't think that Land raiders that susceptable to BMs.
> In my example even in the second round of firing the Land raiders could
> inflict 4.5 kills vs 1 kill for the remaining two Leman Russ

By your examples, the land raiders place 2 BMs, the Lman russ's 3. Now
on the next turn's shooting,, the land raiders (assuming full strength
from the previous turn) will have 15 AT shots. This is a 17% reduction
in their shooting. The leman russ - with 2BMs on the detachment, have a
reduction of 2 from their firepower - they will now throw 14 dice to
hit. This is a 7% reduction in their shooting. So, leaving casualties
to one side for the moment, the land raiders are far more susceptable to
BMs, and cannot place as many themselves. In a one-on-one shooting
exchange between the 2, I'd place all of my money on the land raiders.
But in a prolonged set of exchanges involving infantry as well, I'd
expect the Land Raiders to come under more supressive fire earlier.

Richard