RE: [Epic] Eldar Aspects Warriors

From: James Nugent <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 07:10:38 -0400

.

Although I like the overall simplicity in the new system, the fact that
=
Dire Avengers, Howling Banshees etc. are clumped together into Aspect
Warri=
ors is a bit disappointing. So here are some (not yet playtested)
house rul=
es for the "missing" Aspect Warriors.

First the ones I managed to put toge=
ther without altering the basic Aspect
Warrior
profile (KISS...).

  Swoopi=
ng Hawks Aspect Warrior +Jump Packs
        (As before, but separated from the Wa=
rp Spiders.)
  Dire Avengers Aspect Warrior +Rapid Fire
        (There's an spec=
ial rule variant below.)
  Howling Banshees Aspect Warrior +Rampage
        (Ramp=
age to represent the facts, that when they charge the enemy
        are dead meat,=
 but when they are charged, die like guardians...)
  Striking Scorpions Asp=
ect Warrior +Assault
        (Here we have the problem with what happens when we =
add a Exarch, but
        in my opinion 2xAssault = +2 Assault is ok.)
  Shining=
 Spears Jetbike +Assault
        (See above.)

Well over to the inevitable speci=
al rules then. :)

  Fire Dragons 15cm 15cm anti-tank 4 4+
        (This is just l=
ike an faster and lighter version of the Wraithguards.)
  Warp Spiders 15cm=
        15cm disrupt 4 4+ +Jump Packs
        (Disrupt is to represent the fact that eve=
ryone seems to go into overwatch
        when there are Spiders around. :) But it =
would be nice if the could
        inflict some casualties too. Any suggestions?)
=
  Dire Avengers 15cm 15cm 2 4 4+
        (FP 2 to make them more compatible with =
the guardians.)

Costs

Aspect Warrior squad 10 points
        Upgrade to Swooping=
 Hawks +4
        Upgrade to Dire Avengers mk.1 +1
        Upgrade to Dire Avengers mk.2 =
+3
        Upgrade to Howling Banshees +2
        Upgrade to Striking Scorpions +1
        Upgr=
ade to Fire Dragons +5
        Upgrade to Warp Spiders +6
        Upgrade to Shining Spea=
rs (May not be mounted) +6

Well that's it, suggestions and opinions would =
be appreciated.
TR

Actually, I like these. I had made up stats for aspects=
 also, but these are a bit simpler. I just gave each one their own stat lin=
e. Most of your cost's seeem fair, actually, the banshee's are a bit expens=
ive, since I think rampage by it's selft is 1 point. For 2 points, they sho=
uld get assault + rampage like khaos marines. I particulary like the warp s=
pides, especially since they are mentioned in the rules as having disrupt w=
eapons! When I find the page, I'll post it.
-------------------------------=
----
"Your incorrect assumptions are threefold."
"You assume law still reig=
ns in the Five Galaxies"
"You assume that we would be bound by precedents a=
nd precepts from the last 10 million years."
"But your most incorrect assum=
ption of all is to assume that we care."
					-David Brin, Infinity's Sho=
re