[Epic] Tyranid gargoyles...

From: <csalvato_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 97 12:51:58

Does anyone else think that tyranid gargoyles got the shaft in e40k? I think
that making them flyers goes completely against what they do in 40k. I thought
up some (untested) house rules for gargoyles that make them a little closer to
their 40K counterparts...

                Move Rng FP Aslt Armor Special
Gargoyles 20 15 2 1 3+ Skimmer, Close Support

Gargoyles may no be purchased from the "Tyranid Swarm List" under broods as
follows:
One Gargoyle Brood
consists of 1 to 5 gargoyles units: 16 points per unit

Give harridans transport (8) and the following:
Gargoyles may only be entered on the board by Harridan units. Harridan units
may only carry Gargoyle units. Gargoyles from a tyranid swarm may be
transported by any harridan, but if they are transported out of 30cm, they count
as out of command.

I believe that this manages to retain the flavor from old epic, and whiat I;ve
read about gargoyles & harridans, and the effect gargoyles have in 40k. Plus,
no new rules are added, just a few changes. Now, remember these are NOT
playtested, but if some dedicated tyranid player out there would like to try
these out...

Anyway, Just my $.02

Chris Salvato