Re: [Epic] Firepower vs Anti-Tank

From: Chris Weigt <Christopher.Weigt_at_...>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 11:40:56 +1000 (EST)

On Mon, 23 Jun 1997, Erik K. Rutins wrote:

> Sean:
>
> > What's wrong with Bananas! Their colour exactly represents the level
> > of courageous performance by infantry in my last battle.
>
> Okay, since I'm bored, let's take a look at the 'fruit roster' and
> compare...
>
> Move Range FP AF Armour
> Abilities Cost
> Orange 30cm 15cm 1 2 3+
> Bounce, Squirt 15 points
> Apples 25cm 15cm 1 3 5+
> Bounce 20 points
> Grapefruit 20cm 30cm 2 3 4+
> Squirt 25 points
> Banana 10cm 15cm 1 2 4+ Save,
> Slip 30 points
>
> Keep in mind, "Squirt" lets you double your firepower during
> firefights, "Bounce" lets you move in the assault phase (though not
> into contact) on normal orders, "Slip" lets you make a free move during
> your opponent's assault phase before he conducts assaults.
>
> I'll admit the banana scores high on survivability with Save and Slip,
> but look at the offensive capability... for 30 points? The grapefruit
> gives you a much better balance, IMHO and six grapefruits will
> annihilate 5 bananas (150 points) any day of the week. The banana's
> non-spherical shape hurts it badly in the movement phase and that thick
> skin that protects it so well also prevents it from being effective in
> the shooting phase.
ROTFL *sigh*
This is exactly the reason why I'm gonna hate unsubscribing to this list!
But i gotta do it, it just takes too much time to keep up with you guys -
I got a degree to finish (just had an exam "Historical Biogeography", only
1 more to go 8)
Adios,
Chris

Overkill: the ability to kill an entire country's population more than once.
Strategic Superiority: possessing more overkill than your enemy.
Email: sci-clw1_at_...