Re: [Epic] Firepower vs Anti-Tank

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 17:58:17 -0400

Sean:

> What's wrong with Bananas! Their colour exactly represents the level
> of courageous performance by infantry in my last battle.

Okay, since I'm bored, let's take a look at the 'fruit roster' and
compare...

                    Move Range FP AF Armour
Abilities Cost
Orange 30cm 15cm 1 2 3+
Bounce, Squirt 15 points
Apples 25cm 15cm 1 3 5+
Bounce 20 points
Grapefruit 20cm 30cm 2 3 4+
Squirt 25 points
Banana 10cm 15cm 1 2 4+ Save,
Slip 30 points

Keep in mind, "Squirt" lets you double your firepower during
firefights, "Bounce" lets you move in the assault phase (though not
into contact) on normal orders, "Slip" lets you make a free move during
your opponent's assault phase before he conducts assaults.

I'll admit the banana scores high on survivability with Save and Slip,
but look at the offensive capability... for 30 points? The grapefruit
gives you a much better balance, IMHO and six grapefruits will
annihilate 5 bananas (150 points) any day of the week. The banana's
non-spherical shape hurts it badly in the movement phase and that thick
skin that protects it so well also prevents it from being effective in
the shooting phase.

Regards,

- Erik

"Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble
up, if you will ever dig."
- Marcus Aurelius