RE: [Epic] Revised Ork units & tactics

From: Sean Smith <seans_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 07:47:54 +1300

On Thu 26 Jun, James Nugent wrote:

> Verry good, even though I don't play orks. Just a question, is there and Eldar or Tyra
> nid one in the works. (Marines might be hard, since you use them as the base compariso
> n. Firepower 100% of marines on overwatch :)
>
> Unit - Battlewagons
>
> - Assault value point for point is 2 vs Rhinos 0
> - Firepower value point for point is 1 vs Rhinos 0
> Firepower value point for point is 54% of marines
> on overwatch, 96% of Predator tanks and 76% of Leman
> Russ.
> - Movement is 25cm vs Rhinos and Predators 30cm
> - Armour is 5+ vs Rhinos 5+
> - They cost 14pts vs Rhinos 7pts
> - They transport the 1 unit vs 2 units transported
> by Rhinos.
>
> Advice - basically you are paying 28 points to transport
> two units vs 7 points for marines to transport
> two units. The advantage of battlewagons is; first,
> that you don't lose the 5cm each time a unit embarks
> or disembarks; second, units being transported are
> never killed if the transport is destroyed (expect
> in the case of snapfire); and third, battlewagons
> have an assault and fire power value, while the
> Rhino doesn't any. Each battlewagon is equal to
> having 1 additional Ork boy (expect battle wagons
> can't enter buildings). I would take as many
> battlewagons as are required to transport all the
> Nobz in my army.
>

> We always played it that guys being transported would be hit instead of the battlewag
> on(They are closer and have a lower armour). Now I wonder if we are doing it correctly
> , anyone know about this?

Igorn my comment about units being transported by battle wagons being destroyed, if
the battle wagon is destroyed, I made another mistake, the unit being transported is
not destroyed.

Also it has been pointed out to me that Big Gunz and Pulsa Rockets are count as
infantry. So they can be carried by battle wagons or battlefortresses, therefore
they can provide support to fast offensives, just as shooty boyz can do in my
'Revised opinion on Orks Units & Tactics'.

---
 Sean Smith

 Home - Seans_at_...