Re: [Epic] Ork units that I miss, my reply...

From: Stephen Sheldon <stephes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 11:33:56 -0700 (PDT)

> >I miss a couple of the units from 2nd ed. so I have a couple of stat lines
> >to fill in the gaps.
> >
> >Unit move FP range AV Armour Notes Points
> >Tinbotz 10cm 2 15cm 2 5+ Close support 12
> >Rokkit speedsta -as speedsta + Barrage- +12 points
> >Braincrusha -as battlewagon + Barrage- 24
> >Squig catapult 15cm disprupt 30cm 0 4+ Artillery 22
>
> I don't know about the braincrusha. The old version fired 1 shot 100 cm
> hitting on a 3+ with a -3 save mod. This sounds more like an AT shot than
> a barrage.

I was thinking of the whole army when I came up with this, barrage is
greatly needed, and anything larger would be easy prey to fliers and
artillery, and hence noone would take it. I know the weapon translates
into a mega cannon, but mounting that weapon on a battlewagon seems overkill.

> A few weeks back, some of us batted around some ideas for the missing ork
> units. A few of my favorites were:
>
> Unit move FP range AV Armour Notes Points
> Blitzwagon 25 cm 2 45 cm 1 5+ trans as b-wagons 20
> wildboyz 10 cm 0 n/a 2 4+ 5
> Shokk Att Gunz 10 cm disrupt 90 cm 0 4+ 20
> nobz bikes (bikes w/hero upgrade) +5
>
> I think these could be easily incorperated into the army lists:
>
> Blitzwagons include any battlewagon without a close assault weapon I would
> personally add braincrushas here too). Fielded anywhere where Battlewagons
> can be taken (they are basically a type of battlewagon).

Wouldn't AV be 0?

I am assuming that since noone else complained, the rules for the other
units are satisfactory. I think tinbotz are missed greatly, and barrage
is needed badly, therefoer I made the rules.
Steve