[Epic] Flak

From: Sean Smith <seans_at_...>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 09:11:36 +1300

Just a quick comment about flak. Has anybody taken note
of the fact that if you put your two flak units 30 cm apart
and 30cm away from you board edge you creat a 30cm box which
fliers can't enter without being shoot at. Because if
they enter the section of your board edge directly behind
the flak units, they can be shoot at by your flak.

Some players may argue that this is a bit cheesy, however I
argue this is fair. As it is likely that you will have off board
AA to the rear of your army and while not perfect, this
represents the existence of this AA.

This fact is of particular importance to armies that have
artillery or have lots of troop transports. For example
in two different games I have played recently I have caught
an unweary Ork and spacemarine player off guard by using my
airpower shoot up their troop transports in the first turn,
before they got to move, hereby forcing their troops to
walk across the battlefield. Which was just perfect for my
artillery and heavy weapon troops.

--
 Sean Smith

 Home - Seans_at_...