Re: [Epic] Flak

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 12:31:57 -0400

David Lado wrote:

> While on the topic of Ork Flak Wagons, does any one know when the Flak
> Wagon and Fighta-bomba models will be released? Right now I'm looking
> at hand converting Flak Wagons and simply living without the Fighta-
> bombas (unless I come across some alternate figs).

        They're flyers - they come on the board and leave
immeadiately. What do you need models for?

> Also, I had contemplated a strategy of lining part of my back board edge
> with gretcin, so I could snapfire any flier that entered from that edge.
> The idea being that you can snap fire any number of units, while
> Flak Wagons can only fire 2 dice. Would this be cheesy?

        How many gretchin can you get per flak wagon? Even
if it's a lot, they only have a (snap-fire) range of 10cm,
as opposed to the flak wagon's 30cm - the flak wagon is useful
for more then just protecting your table edge, whereas the
gretchin are not. Sounds more like 'tactics' than 'cheese'
to me.

Scott
shupes_at_...