Re: [Epic] Hello

From: Michael & Catherine Goh <cmgoh_at_...>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 1997 07:51:25 +0800

At 00:40 28/06/97 -0700, you wrote:

>I'm currently in the process of rebasing my numerous IG tactical
>companies (great past-time!), and am still waiting to play my fisrt
>game of Epic WH40K.

I'm not bothering to rebase my miniatures. I'm one of those people who just
kept on shopping without painting (or painting and then later stripping and
repainting). I have too many shelves of half painted or not painted
miniatrues. I also have numerous boxes of infantry for epic that hasn't
even escaped from the box yet, so when I get around to it those will be on
new bases.

>Oh, and just to those of you who frown upon the Imperials, I'll tell
>you that I was one of those players that liked the IG for the little
>men. The super-powerful-kill-everything-with-one-shot titans and
>other cheese rarely made it into my army.
>
>Christian.

Hmmm I always suggested to my opponent an artillery detachment. In the new
Epic40K I'm not yet convinced of the value of Titans for the Imperials. I
think Land raiders are much better value for points (a little more
vulnerable in HTH though). The last game I played the opponents Titan had
no chance against my swarm of experimental exocrines on overwatch.

TTFN
Michael Goh