Re: [Epic] follow-up to painting Space Marinesq

From: Brian Douglas <bdouglas_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 14:40:59 PDT

On Mon, 30 Jun 1997 08:40:46 -0500 Andy Skinner wrote:

> From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
> Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 08:40:46 -0500
> Subject: [Epic] follow-up to painting Space Marinesq
>
> If you were going to paint Space Marines to look like
> Star Wars stormtroopers, would you spray them black and
> then paint white (leaving black in the recesses), or
> spray them white, wash them black, and drybrush white
> again? Any other approaches? I'm not sure this is what
> I'm going to do, but I think I like higher contrast than
> what I've been getting with green and dark green, plus
> I'd like for the minis to be a bit brighter. I might
> go for gray (though not Space Wolves).
>
> Thanks,
> andy
> askinner_at_...

How about Imperial Fists?

As for your question, probably white first, dark wash/ink afterwards,
possibly rubbing wash off raised features before it had fully dried. I
thought chaos androids with the weapons choped down look like storm
troopers more than any other figures.

Now the sororitas are out it might be fun to do 40K Princess Leia and
friends. Daft Vader could be played by a Dark Angel, a tallarn Raider
for Obi Wan, any SF figure for bounty hunters, An Orlock Juve with
pistol for Han Solo, not sure about Chewie or Jabba.