Re: [Epic] Question about Reserves & Drop pods

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 1997 07:25:48 PDT

You wrote :
>Francois,
>
>> Are the advantages worth the risks?
>
>I have absolutely found drop pods to be worthwhile. I put assault
>marines in them, since their extra movement allows me more choice in
>where to drop and still perform the mission I want them to do.
>Choosing the right location to drop, as far as I can tell, is the

whole
>story. I usually lose 1-2 stands on a drop from a detachment of 12
>stands.
>
>The other advantage is that unlike Thunderhawks, you can't intercept
>and turn back drop pods. Of course, you also can't hold them back
>unless you have other reserves.
>
>Anyway, that's my $.02. I'm in favor of using them, but not

over-using
>them.
>
>Regards,
>
>- Erik
>
>"Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever
>bubble
>up, if you will ever dig."
>- Marcus Aurelius

OK, I will try them, you've persuaded me. I'll have to fight against

orks and they can help me : but beware I'm very vindictive and if I

lose this battle tu vas le regretter!!!!!!! :)

A plus!

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

Please visit my Epic page :

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/