Re: [Epic] Close combat weapons and holofields

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 1997 07:35:17 PDT

You wrote :
>Just a thought that floated through my head, how do close combat
>weapons
>(which always cause catastrophic damage vs war engines if they win)
>work
>against holofields.

I don't have the rules book with me but I think that holofields work

against all kind of touch (ie Close Assault, Firefights and normal

shooting).

>Also, holofields vs dangerous terrain. By the wording of the rules
>you
>would interpret that they would work against them, but common sense
>would
>say that they would not, but you could then also say that it does
>not cause
>a critical due to the hit.

The last solution seems to be the best but it's only my personal

point of view : holofields should not work against dangerous terrain

but you needn't roll a critical effect due to the hit.

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

Please visit my Epic page :

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/