RE: [Epic] Flak

From: James Nugent <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 1997 12:03:19 -0400

Although CC troops' "shooting" abilities could be explained (rather
perv=
ersly)

1) As in the rulebook, CC troops snap fire by attacking units with=

scouting troops (eg genestealers)

2) CC troops snap fire on aircraft by =
pulling nasty faces at the
pilots (again, Genestealers can be pretty ugly)
=

3) Similarly, CC troops lend support in firefights and assaults by
pullin=
g ugly faces, or alternatively by farting in the enemy's general
direction =
(if the wind is blowing that way). Assume that friendly
troops are not pha=
sed by their comrade's biological fallout.

ha!hahahah! I like this! I thin=
k I'll show this to people next time it comes up if you don't mind. We thou=
gh of the noGuns concept because of some weird things that can happen, like=
 daemons snapfiring at aircraft. I also though of a GroundOnly ability, for=
 instance someone mentioned using gretchen to snap-fire at aircraft. This i=
s legal and good tactics, but makes no sense, even if a gretchen could HIT =
an aircraft(very unlikely) they are incapable of carring weapons that could=
 damage it.
--------------------------------------------------------------=
"Your incorrect assumption=
s are threefold."
"You assume law still reigns in the Five Galaxies"
"You a=
ssume that we would be bound by precedents and precepts from the last 10 mi=
llion years."
"But your most incorrect assumption of all is to assume that =
we care."
                                        -David Brin, Infinity's Shore