RE: [Epic] Close combat weapons and holofields

From: James Nugent <jnug1453_at_...>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 1997 12:12:39 -0400

Just a thought that floated through my head, how do close combat weapons
=
(which always cause catastrophic damage vs war engines if they win) work
ag=
ainst holofields.

I would think this would be one of those Save or Die sit=
uations, although maybe not, since I don't think void shields protect again=
st them. (Actually, do void shields work in CC? I'm not sure) If void shiel=
ds don't work in CC then the holofield(which does) might get a save.

Also,=
 holofields vs dangerous terrain. By the wording of the rules you
would in=
terpret that they would work against them, but common sense would
say that =
they would not, but you could then also say that it does not cause
a critic=
al due to the hit.

I would say the fields don't work, but not chance of ca=
using a critical, as the rules say. I would say if the fields work, then th=
e critical happens(which would be funny. Sir, I holofields protected us fro=
m that tree limb...)

Funny concept:

Eldar Displacer Field:Saves on a 2+ l=
ike a holofield, after each phase, if a save is made move the titan D6 cm i=
n a random dirction. The titan will not displace into dangerous/impassivle =
terrain or other war engines. Troops/vehicals that are landed on are dead(f=
lat) on a 4+.

Just imagine a titan blinking around the battlefield random=
ly. Just a random though.

------------------------------------------------=
"Your incorr=
ect assumptions are threefold."
"You assume law still reigns in the Five Ga=
laxies"
"You assume that we would be bound by precedents and precepts from =
the last 10 million years."
"But your most incorrect assumption of all is t=
o assume that we care."
                                        -David Brin, Infinity's Shore