Re: [Epic] Hello (E40K???)

From: A. Allen McCarley <allen_at_...>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 1997 18:50:44 -0500

> >Pooly defined? I think we could all agree that Epic SM/TL in fact had
>THE most defined wargaming system in existance, with the amount of
>fine-tuning that people like us did to it over the years.

Umm... Excuse me? Much as I loved the game, I'd have to say that
SM/TL had the worst rules system of any wargame I've played. An
unorganized morass of contradictions and undefined situations just
waiting to happen. If your group fine-tuned it with house rules
so that it worked that's fine; but then it only worked for your group.
The sad fact is that you HAD to have huge amounts of house rules even
after the authors efforts for us to clear things up built several
web pages (LARGE web pages) of Q&A.

I'm not trying to bust on SM/TL. I played the game for years. However,
I cursed its rule books for years as well.

Allen (The Q&A guy)
Check out the EPIC and EPIC 40K Q&A Pages at:
     http://work1.utsi.edu:8000/~amccarle/default.html
If you have questions about EPIC 40K and can't find the answers
in the rule books, send them to:
                    allen_at_...
They will be passed on to Jervis Johnson and Andy Chambers.