Re: [Epic] Space Marine army for review

From: Michael & Catherine Goh <cmgoh_at_...>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 1997 20:58:09 +0800

At 00:35 1/07/97 +1300, you wrote:
>I am going to be fighting a battle against an one of the
>best players in my club this Saturday (it is your Friday
>for list members in the USA and Europe), who has an Eldar
>army. We will both have 3000 point armies and fighting a
>'normal' battle, the battlefield will be 120cm by 200cm.
>
>Army List:
>

>1st Space Marine Armour Detachment
>1 Detachment HQ+Captain+Mounted 60
>in a Land Raider
>- 2 Landraider Squads 175 235
> (3 Land Raiders in Each) ---

I haven't tried this out yet, but I intend to - put a few attack bikes in
with your armoured detachments to soak up some of those blast markers when
firing. Attack bikes only cost 10 pts each and have 2 firepower and 30cm range.

>3rd Space Marine Detachment (all in drop pods)
>1 Detachment HQ + Captain 50
>- 2 Assault Squads 68 118
> --
I love drop pods - I am trying some out this weekend for marines, I used a
huge swarm of hormagaunts a couple of weeks ago and devoured an artillery
detachment.

Everything else was wiped out by my biovores and exocrines.

>1st Imperial Airforce Detachment
>Detachment HQ 25
>- 3 Thunderhawks 240 265
> ---
>
>2nd Imperial Airforce Detachment
>
>Detachment HQ 25
>- 3 Marauders 135 160
> ---

You could just get 2 more thunderhawks instead of the 3 marauders.

>1st Titan Legion Detachment
>1 Warlord 555 555
> ---
>Armed with
> - 1 Close Combat Weapon
> - 3 Heavy Weapon batteries
>
>2nd Titan Legion Detachment
>1 Warlord 555 555

Eeek - lots of warlords. I actually don't put much faith in them though. I
eradicated one in less than a turn with my 18 exocrines on overwatch. In my
personal opinion it is more cost effective to get 31 land raiders - that'll
give you massed firepower! - 62 anti-tank shots - and can fire on overwatch
before they do!

TTFN
Michael