Re: [Epic] more painting Space Marines

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 1997 14:43:20 -0500

Mark A Shieh wrote:

> Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...> writes:
> > Well, I tried my Star Wars Stormtrooper plan last night, and I
> > think it would be too hard--too much time spent per figure.
>
> Have you tried priming them black and then drybrushing with
> white? I'd recommend using Liquitex White, as Citadel White dries the
> instant you get the paint out of the pot. (Make sure it's a light
> drybrush, or you'll just have white marines)
>
> Mark
No, but when I tried the other way (spray white, black wash, white
drybrush), I didn't like the look of the white--it seemed to spotty
from the black wash underneat. I think that if I were to try covering
black with white drybrush, I'd be doing it for a long time.

I think I've settled on either light green washed with dark green,
which goes with Rhinos and Land Speeders I've already painted, or
white washed with black, which is very easy and looks cool. I'm
just not sure whether the latter method would work as well for
vehicles--I may have to do some gray on those.

thanks,
andy