Re: [Epic] Orders....

From: Michael & Catherine Goh <cmgoh_at_...>
Date: Sat, 05 Jul 1997 22:05:29 +0800

At 04:25 5/07/97 -0500, you wrote:
>> EPIC/40K don't use the SM/TL order phase. It's a pity...
>> I think it 's really a good idea that you don't know what your opponent
>> want to do...
>> Until the reveal order phase.....

> Well, the place orders/check initiative/reveal orders system of SM/TL
>was good for simulating the confusion of battle... the problem was
>that if you lost initiative for the turn, you could end up having your
>tactics really messed up. Since you placed your orders before you knew
>if you were moving first or second, your orders could often end up
>defeating tactics, which in my opinion placed too much importance on
>that single die roll for initiative.

However the orders system also represents committing your troops to certain
actions. You order your troops to do certain things and there is a delay in
changes of orders (i.e. next turn) to deal with new situations. My only
main problem with the orders system was that there were so many counters
flying around the place. Apart from that I loved it.

TTFN
Michael