Re: [Epic] Detachment size strategy?

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 1997 05:28:41 PDT

Alan wrote :
>Chip & Rachel Hannum wrote:
>
>> Is there a consensus or rule of thumb for detachment sizes

(excluding War
>> Engines of course) or is this matter still up to experimentation

(my designs
>> have been around 300-400 pts)?
>
>Still undecided. Personally, I favour a mix. 400 pt units and 150 pt
>units.

I agree with Alan. To be more precise I would say that 400 pt

detachments are very big : it's not easy to deploy/move/hide them but

they are very powerful, I would not use more than 1 or 2 of them. For

the little ones I would use 200 pt detachments, they are fast and can

be very hard for your opponent.
Again I agree with Alan when he says that the size detachments is a

very difficult problem.

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

Please visit my Epic page :

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/

Get Private Web-Based Email Free http://www.hotmail.com