Re: [Epic] Doomweavers vs Titans

From: Brett Hollindale <agro_at_...>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 15:44:20 +0200 (MET DST)

At 11:44 AM 7/7/97 +0100, you wrote:
>When a Doomweaver template hits a titan, the location on the titan is destroyed
>unless it has a 1+ save, and shields have no effect. Is this all correct?

I pressume that this is a 2nd Ed question...

The void shields/doomweaver thing is a contentious issue. The most likely
interpretation based on what is written in the rules is that doomweaver
templates ignore void shields. But you don't check a location on the titan
- if the titan has a 1+ save anywhere on its template it automatically steps
out from under the doomweaver template. If it has no 1+ save, then there is
a 50/50 chance that the titan steps out, or is (totally) destroyed.

>What then if a Doomweaver hits an Imperator titan which as far as I can
remember
>has no locations with a 1+ save. This came up in a game we played
yesterday. By
>the rules as I read them the location hit should automatically be
destroyed. But
>the Imperators armour is supposed to be better than that of other titans so
this
>seems somewhat unfair. In the end we simply allowed the Imperator his basic
>save to avoid destruction. How should this situation be resolved?

Impirators are a special case. Anything that ordinarily moves a figure (and
we assume that this includes doomweavers) causes a save at -1 to any
location of the attacker's choice (you'll find that somewhere in TL - if you
can't, write back and I'll dig it out...)

>Oh and what kind of fire arc do troops on board an Imperator have?

I've always assumed 360 degree, but I'm prepared to be contradicted.

Agro