Re: [Epic] E40k - How it sells

From: sauron1 <sauron1_at_...>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 1997 11:15:41 -0700

Brett Hollindale wrote:

> At 08:17 PM 7/7/97 +0800, you wrote:
> >At 02:02 7/07/97 -0600, you wrote:
> >>Assuming the other store has sold half as many, 18 copies for a city with a
> >>population of c. 180,000 is pretty good: 1 person in 10000 owns the game.
> >>But if we are outselling places like Toronto, it doesn't bode well for the
> >>games popularity country-wide.
> >>
> >>Anyone know how it is selling in the rest of the world?
> >>
> >>Troy
> >
> >I don't have figures, but I know that between two gaming stores in Perth,
> >Australia they have had a few shipments through so far, which have sold out.
> >In my small gaming group we already have 2 copies. My friend worked out
> >that it is more efficient to buy miniatures that way.
> >
> >TTFN
> >Mike
> >

> We have two copies in my gaming crowd (Brisbane) and another two at a local
> gaming club, but no one actually plays the game, they just use the figures
> for 2nd Edition...
>
> Agro

Sauron1 writes;Here in Canada it is difficult to get a true handle on the
Big box sales as only the two Toronto GW stores carry it.None of the 6
hobby stores in my driving range carry mutch of the new Epic40k range at
all!Gw Canada mail order will not comment on volume as their telephone
conversations are monitered. sauron1