Re: [Epic] My DexCon Epic 40k experiences...

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 1997 04:56:23 PDT

You wrote :
>> Is an Imperial army (I mean Space Marine + Imperial Guard +
>>Adeptus
>> Mecanicus) not too powerfull? I'm one of these fundamentalists who
>> believe that the only way is a total Space Marine army or a total
>> Imperial Gard army. OK perhaps with some Titans or Heavy Vehicles
>> from the Adeptus Mecanicus. What do you think about this?

>Although this question was not addressed to me, I'd have to agree
>with
>Fancois. Although it is now perfectly vanilla to have marines and
>Guard in the same army, it just doesn't feel right to me. It takes
>away a lot of the challenge by just saying "Well, my Guard army
>doesn't have any assault units... I'll just take a thunderhawk with
>some termies". I just feel that when I am playing with such a mixed
>force, I am playing with cheese, and for me, winning with cheese is
>not very fulfilling.
>
>Christian.
>
>===
>"I'z neva seen such yellow troopz in all's me life!"
>
> Warlord Big'ead, invasion of Tallern, just before being
>struck by a basilisk shell between the eyes.
>
>Visit my Epic homepage at
>http://www.geocities/TimesSquare/Castle/4109

In fact I don't like to mix Imperial Guard and Space Marines for two

reasons.

The first one is that an army with Space Marine assault detachments

and Imperial Guard artillery detachments will be too powerfull (this

is my own point of view of course) and will not be a challenge. With

such a well balanced army you don't have to find the brilliant

strategy that will bring you victory, you already have all what you

need. On the other hand I won't say that's "cheesy", if the rules

allow something it's because there must be a reason (hum, I hope so).

My main reason is, I've already said it, that I'm a fundamentalist, I

don't want to fight with anything but my Chapter (I mean MY chapter,

not a Space Wolf detachment + the Ravenwing + the Death Company,

etc...).

For me, Imperial Guard and Space Marines are two different armies but

it's only what I think and I would like to know the opinion of the

players who use the two in the same army.

A plus.

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

Please visit my Epic page :

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/

Get Private Web-Based Email Free http://www.hotmail.com