Re: [Epic] My DexCon Epic 40k experiences...

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 1997 09:22:39 -0400

Erik K. Rutins wrote:

> My army in both of my battles:
>
> Shadow Skulls Space Marine Chapter + Cadian Guard Support

> My opponent fielded an Imperial Guard army that consisted of roughly
> the following:

> At this point my opponent played the third player who also had a
> largely Space Marine army.

        Hmmm... looks like E40k tourneys are going to be lacking
any real diversity until GW gets its butt in gear and starts
releasing minis for the other armies.

        Just out of curiosity, how did the mostly IG player have
his infantry based up? Old style (tac stand = 5 tacs, heavy stand
= 4 tacs + 1 heavy) or something closer to how SMs are being based
these days? (tac squad = 9 tacs + 1 heavy, heavy squad = 6 tacs +
4 heavies)

> Hope you enjoyed it.

        Thanks for typing it up, battle reports are always fun
to read. I'm kinda surprised that your Warlord & his Leviathan
managed to get into a firefight, though. Seems strange that two
enemy WEs could get so close without at least one of them getting
pounded on the way in.

Scott
shupes_at_...