TR: [Epic] My DexCon Epic 40k experiences... -Reply

From: Emmanuel BLONDIAUX <EBLONDIAUX_at_...>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 16:15:34 +0200

I like to mix IG and Marines. For me, it's like infantry and tank, chips
an=
d mayonnaise, and so on... Nethertheless, it depend of the game.
If for exa=
mple, the aim of the game is to capture 2 bridges, and your
marine are the =
avant-garde, you can't use super-heavy tank or Titan
(exept Warhounds).

----------
> De : CLL_at_...[SMTP:CLL_at_...]
> R�pondre � : sp=
ace-marine_at_...
> Date�: mardi 8 juillet 1997 16:20
> A : fbruntz_at_ho=
tmail.com; space-marine_at_...
> Objet : Re: [Epic] My DexCon Epic 40k e=
xperiences... -Reply

> In fact I don't like to mix Imperial Guard and Sp=
ace Marines for two

> reasons.
>
> The first one is that an army with =
Space Marine assault detachments

> and Imperial Guard artillery detachm=
ents will be too powerfull (this

> is my own point of view of course) a=
nd will not be a challenge. With

> such a well balanced army you don't =
have to find the brilliant

> strategy that will bring you victory, you =
already have all what you

> need. On the other hand I won't say that's =
"cheesy", if the rules

> allow something it's because there must be a r=
eason (hum, I hope so).

> My main reason is, I've already said it, that =
I'm a fundamentalist, I

> don't want to fight with anything but my Chap=
ter (I mean MY chapter,

> not a Space Wolf detachment + the Ravenwing +=
 the Death Company,

> etc...).
>
> For me, Imperial Guard and Space Ma=
rines are two different armies but

> it's only what I think and I would=
 like to know the opinion of the

> players who use the two in the same =
army.

> A plus.
>
> Francois Bruntz
> Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris =
XII - IBM France)

> Please visit my Epic page :
>
> http://www.geociti=
es.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/

_____________________
> Get Private Web-Based Email Free http://www.hotmail=
.com

> <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
> I agree totally, there is nothing quite like th=
e sight of an Imperial
> Guard
> force pounding your opponents into the gro=
und. The sheer spectacle of
> couple of Tactical Companies advancing ac=
ross the field is enough to
> put
> most less numerous opponents right off =
their game.