Re: [Epic] Doomweavers vs Titans

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 1997 09:06:37 -0400

Andy Knowles wrote:

> So if it hits an unshielded titan the titan is destroyed if it doesn't have a 1+
> save somewhere, but otherwise it is forced to move.
> I've heard people say that if a unit is on first fire it counts as being unable
> to move and so is auto destroyed, is this correct?

        No, in fact this is covered by the Doomweaver
rules - units on FF can move out of the way. Only
units that are specifically immobilized are trapped
(due to psychic lock, or having fired a Plasma
Destructor, or whatever). Note that getting hit by
a Wave Serpent doesn't mean you can't avoid the webs,
according to the game designers.

> I see a big difference between something that cannot possibly move eg. something
> affected by psychic lock, and something that is simply choosing not to move.
> We've always played that if something is on first fire and is forced to move
> then unless it is explicitly stated otherwise it still fires in the FF phase.

        IIRC, a unit on FF forced to move because of
a Doomweaver has its orders changed to Advance.

> I know it's probably a bad idea to take titans against eldar,

        Yep.

> What would other people take instead of a Warlord battlegroup?
> I was thinking of;
> Shadow Sword Company 500 pts
> Storm Hammer 200 pts

        Storm Hammers are useless against eldar.
Might as well give him a 2 VP handicap.

> Artillary Company 600 pts

        You're not taking this already? What are
you killing his titans with?

Scott
shupes_at_...