RE: [Epic] My DexCon Epic 40k experiences...

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 11:26:07 -0500

>> People seem to have a knee-jerk reaction to any mixing of IG and SMs,
>> stemming in large part from a fear that such armies are somehow more
>> powerful.
>
> I think this is a fear held mostly by 2nd edition players,
>and a somewhat justified fear at that.
>
>> My personal opinion is that people who look to exploit
>> the rules will do so regardless of whether they are restricted to
>> on list or several. For example, someone could easily field a
>> mixed SM/IG under the chaos banner and that wouldn't be considered
>> "cheesy", even though they were fielding the same units (plus
>> demons).
>
> You couldn't under the current rules (you sorta could
>under 2nd edition rules, and that was cheesy). The structure of
>the cultist detachment severely limits your access to IG armor,
>and you can't take IG arty or SHVs at all anymore.
>
>Scott
>shupes_at_...

----> Yep, that two or three line comment about "Chaos can take any
of the imperial cards as traitors" had a very high
word-to-game-alteration
quotient. I was always willing to try it as a scenario, but after that
little
comment, sheesh.
"So Fulgrim jumps out of the T-hawk..."
"So this Thousand sons detachment jumps out of the t-hawk and
vortexes these guys"
"You thought Ogryn's made good bodyguards for the arty boys...
try a Bloodthirster and his 'letters/marines assistants..."
etc.

Chris Miller