[Epic] Genestealer Cult Army List

From: <csalvato_at_...>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 97 14:51:25

Here's a genestealer Cult army list for e40k. I thought it would be cool to
represent one of the revolutions that are so prevalent in the 40k fluff, a city
defense force turned to Cult behaviors. I think I captured a good amount of the
flavor of the Genestealer Cult army list from 40k, basically making them
watered-down guard with stealers. I used Guard and Chaos Cultist Detachments for
the basis of these. Please, critique and comment!

Chris Salvato
Shidara_at_...
Genestealer Cult Army List for Epic 40k

Throughout the imperium, the threat of Tyranid invasion has lurked like a hidden
tumor, eating away at the core of humanity in the form of insidius Genestealer
Cults. These cults thrive in the hive worlds, where the empire's watchful eye
is often distracted. These subversive covens of heretics slowly garner their
power and gather their numbers, waiting for the time to strike at the oppressors
who would persecute them. Often, these insurrections are small in scale, but if
successful, can increase until a planetwide revolution is under way. In some
cases, entire legions of Imperial guard and planetary defense forces are
subverted and corrupted towards the cults' insidious ways, sometimes even
managing to take hold of the mighty war engines of the imperium. The heretics'
frenzied devotion to their cause makes their numbers a firce to be reckoned with
in large quantities.

Infantry:
Name Spd Rng FP Aslt Arm Notes
Brood Brother 10 30 1 1 3+
Magus 10 30 1 1 3+ Psyker
Hybrid 10 30 1 1 4+
Hybrid Neophyte 10 30 1 1 4+ Assault
Genestealers 15 -- 0 6 4+
Patriarch 15 -- 0 3 4+ Hero, Psyker, Commander
Supreme Magus 10 15 1 1 3+ Psyker, Save, Commander
Support Weapon 10 45 A-T 0 4+

Brood Brothers: Basically corrupted guardsmen & citizenry
Magus: Heavily psychic hybrid which is part of the ruling council in the cult
Hybrid Acolyte: 3rd-4th generation Hybrids, Possible psykers, Heavies
Hybrid Neophyte: 1st-2nd generation Hybrids, Assault troops
Genestealers: As Tyranid unit
Patriarch: Progentior of the Cult, ancient and genius genstealer
Supreme Magus: Patriarch's second-hand man, carries out dealings with human
world
Support Weapons: Mole mortars, Thudd Guns, Etc.

Captured Vehicles: Captured Flyers: Captured War Engines
Chimera Marauders Warhounds
Leman Russ Thunderbolts Reavers
Demolisher Warlords
Hellhound
Griffon
Sentinel

                           Detachment Setup:
Genestealer Cult Detachment
Command: You must take at least 1 commander

Brood Brothers 7 (1 unit) Model: Imperial Guard, Guard Psyker (?)
Upgrade to Magus +10

Hybrid 8 (1 unit) Model: Guard painted purple (?)
Upgrade to Psyker 10

Main Force: Up to 5 selections

Brood Brother Squad 7/unit 2-4 units
Upgrade to Hvy Weapons: +7/unit

Hybrid Squad 8/unit 1-2 units
Upgrade to Hvy Weapons* +7/unit
Upgrade to Psyker* +10/unit
Upgrade to Neophytes* +2/unit
* Only take 1 of these options
Support: up to 5 selections, but no more than Main Force Selections

Genestealer Brood 10 1-2 units
Chimera 14
Leman Russ 32
Demolisher 22
Griffon 19
Hellhound 12
Hydra 28
Sentinel Squadron 8/unit 1-3 Sentinels
Support Battery 13/unit 1-3 units
Genestealer Cult Supreme Commander Detachment
Supreme Commander: You must choose 1 Supreme Commander

Patriarch 30 Model: single 'stealer on a stand

Supreme Magus 27

Bodyguard: Choose up to 2 from the following as body guard

Brood Brother Squad 7/unit 2-4 units
Upgrade to Hvy Weapons +7/unit

Hybrid Squad 8/unit 1-2 units
Upgrade to Hvy Weapons* +7/unit
Upgrade to Psyker* +10/unit
Upgrade to Neophytes* +2/unit
* Only take 1 of these options

Genestealer Brood 10 1-2 units
Genestealer Cult Captured War Engine Detachment:
Choose 1 of the following:

1 or 2 Warhounds 200/titan
Genestealer Cult Captured Flyer Detachment
Detachment HQ: +25
Choose up to 5 Flyers:
Marauders 45
Thunderbolts 30