Re: [Epic] Genestealer Cult Army List

From: Philip Troy Routley <ptr320_at_...>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 03:15:45 -0600 (CST)

>Here's a genestealer Cult army list for e40k. I thought it would be cool to
<SNIP>

>Captured Vehicles: Captured Flyers: Captured War Engines
>Chimera Marauders Warhounds
>Leman Russ Thunderbolts Reavers
>Demolisher Warlords
>Hellhound
>Griffon
>Sentinel

I think that super-heavy tanks are more plausible then titans for captured
war engines. I imagine that titans have many failsafes to prevent them
from being hotwired.

> Detachment Setup:
>Genestealer Cult Detachment
>Command: You must take at least 1 commander
>
>Brood Brothers 7 (1 unit) Model: Imperial Guard, Guard Psyker (?)
>Upgrade to Magus +10
>
>Hybrid 8 (1 unit) Model: Guard painted purple (?)
>Upgrade to Psyker 10

You missed the 25 points that is standard for detachment commanders.

>Main Force: Up to 5 selections

Out of curiosity, why 5 selections? Are genestealer cults a dying race
like the eldar? Or was it more to limit them in the same way as IG
infantry (1 command squad/3 selections).

How do you intend to field a genestealer cult? As an army on its own, or
as a detachment in a tyranid force, or something else?

Troy