Re: [Epic] My DexCon Epic 40k experiences...

From: Erik K. Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 09:51:22 -0400

Alan,

> OK, but there's a few things you have to realise: Certain vehicles
> existed then which don't now, and anyone who says they did exist is a
> Heretic..

<grin>

> Bullock Jetbikes (use instead of marine bikes, but use Eldar Jetbike
> stats)

I seem to remember these from my friend's old Rogue Trader book. How
did these look?

> Manticore Missile Launchers, which have a high Assault factor due to
> their tail.

No kidding?

> Whirlwinds that could carry troops inside.

Boy, they've certainly improved in 10,000 years...

> Flying Cathedrals aka Thunderhawks

I guess the cult of the Emperor must be dying out, as the 'cathedral
look' is definitely being phased out. Kinda like disco.

> SM1 - that is, Space Marine 1st edition - is a lot closer to E40K
than
> SM2.
> The original box had lots and lots and lots of vanilla marines, plus
> Land Raiders and Rhinos. With instructions on how to add flags or
paint
> jobs to show special variants such as devastators, assault marines,
or
> Whirlwinds.

SM1 is Adeptus Titanicus, right? Sauron, do you still have those rules
copies available?

> Marauders.
> bikes
> attack bikes

Ah, so Thunderhawks were the only real ground attack craft.

> Basically, I'd use the E40K organisations, with just a few changes.
Both
> sides, for example, used the Imperial Tarot.

I will definitely try it out - I imagine the scenario is the most
important and I can certainly figure something out. Unfortunately the
history of the Heresy contains too many statements like "well, it would
take three pages to explain this, so we won't". Does anyone have a
full history of the time period and the events (and OOB?). The most
complete I've seen so far is in the Ultramarines 40k Codex, which I
bought for the organizational stuff.

Regards,

- Erik

"Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble
up, if you will ever dig."
- Marcus Aurelius