[Epic] Re:

From: Christian Nielsen <raveallnight_at_...>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 1997 21:30:28 -0700 (PDT)

---Emmanuel BLONDIAUX wrote:

> Does anyone use GORGONS in EPIC/40K ?
>
> Does it cost something to enter or leave a building ?

Ahh... Gorgons... I loved using companies of these in 2nd ed (that's
right, COMPANIES. They were not published in Armies of the Imperium,
but in the same White Dwarf that had the rules for IG Super Heavies
(around issue 170? I'm not sure. Would have been around the release
of A of the I).
Anyway, how does this sound?

Imperial Guard Squads, Heavy Squads and commanders now have the option
of being mounted in a Gorgon, at a cost of +20 points (I haven't
really thought about this price, so it might be a bit more or less
than it should be).

Gorgon: Move=10cm, Range=15cm, FP=2, Assault=2, Armour=6+,
Special=Close support

How's that sound?

As for buildings, a -5cm movement penalty for moving into or out of
buildings sounds reasonable (ie. troops climbing stairs, taking up
good firing positions etc.), but could unbalance the game (I haven't
tried it yet).

Christian

===
"I'z neva seen such yellow troopz in all's me life!"

           Warlord Big'ead, invasion of Tallern, just before being
struck by a basilisk shell between the eyes.

Visit my Epic homepage at
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/4109