Re: [Epic] Strategicon

From: Sean Kennedy <sean_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 01:25:23 -0700

At 01:02 AM 7/10/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Last time I went to Strategicon with the intention of playing epic there
>were all of three people in the tournament. Myself, the GW outrider
>running the tournament, and a walkup who used the outriders other army.
>Pretty sad for L.A.'s largest con.
>
>Still, that was a couple of years ago and I'd like to give it another
>shot. The friday table will probably be a demonstration game, but there
>are usually a few 4x4's free at any given time. If there are enough
>players I'd really like to get a game going on a 16x16 table on Sunday..
>
>Bring your bugs, I'll look for you in the miniatures room?

Great :) I am looking forward to the fight. One of the people I am going
up with (I live in Orange County) also plays Epic (Space Marines) although
he is in the same boat I am, we both bought Epic 40k, although between us
we have most of the 2nd edition stuff. Most of his infantry is on the old
bases and he has a lot of robots and such (we use them as dreads) If
another member of our local gaming group goes up he will bring his E40K
orks. I am also hoping to get in some Fantasy Battle. Hope to see you
there - I will be there bright and early Sunday to enter the painting
contest (I guess I better not enter any epic detachments this time :)

PS: I plan on bringing a bit of Epic terrain as I am not sure how much will
be there, I have about 20 of the small GW trees, 6 or 7 of the medium size
trees, 2 complete sets of ruins painted and 8 or 9 of the older epic buildings.
Sean Kennedy:
  Internet - sean_at_...
  WWW - http://www.bykenkaz.com/sean
  Compuserve - 74252,424