Re: [Epic] Strategicon

From: David Dresser <lemming_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 01:02:19 -0700

Sean Kennedy wrote:

> <LURKER OFF>
> I just received my flyer for Strategicon Aug 29-Sept1 at the LA Airport
> Wyndham Hotel and I was wondering if anybody from the list was planning to
> go. I would love to get my bugs in action (I have been madly painting them
> :) I have a purly Epic40K army, but I do have the Hive War supplement and
> would be willing to take a crash-course in 2nd edition also. It looks like
> there will be a table on Friday between 7pm-12pm for Epic, but I also plan
> to be there Sunday for the painting contest. Hope to hear from all.
> <LURKER ON>

Last time I went to Strategicon with the intention of playing epic there
were all of three people in the tournament. Myself, the GW outrider
running the tournament, and a walkup who used the outriders other army.
Pretty sad for L.A.'s largest con.

Still, that was a couple of years ago and I'd like to give it another
shot. The friday table will probably be a demonstration game, but there
are usually a few 4x4's free at any given time. If there are enough
players I'd really like to get a game going on a 16x16 table on Sunday..

Bring your bugs, I'll look for you in the miniatures room?

Lemm