RE: [Epic] Food, Off-Topic Threads and Childishness - a Public Rebuke

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 09:22:10 -0500

>> --Ken Taborek oberon_at_... wrote:
>> >Nyeah, nyeah.
>>
>> Obviously you don't have a life, or you would see the necessity of
>> limiting the subject matter to the game. Then again, it's my choice to
>> unsubscribe when children like yourself publicly saying " Nyeah - Nyeah"
>
>You will be sorely missed. In the 5 months or so I've been on the list,
>I've seen exactly two posts from you: the first was whining about other
>people's off-topic posts, and the second was a further can of petrol
>thrown needlessly onto the fire. On the other hand, Ken has posted
>frquently - sometimes off-topic, but regularly with pertinant
>information about the game of Epic40k. I would listen to your
>complaints if you really had a better use of the bandwidth - clearly you
>do not.

-----> I was about to make this same point. I looked through the last
500 or
so posts still sitting in my "delete" file and didn't see this guy's
name once.
I'm not saying it's better to post off-topic stuff, but I'm certainly
not going to
slam someone who posts regularly if they veer off every once in a while.
If this person had added something to the discussion, I might care about
his opinion. As it is, thanks for doing us a favor.

BTW: Enjoy the 40K list. I've been there. It's the most civil (drip),
rational
(drip), relevant (drip) of the various GW mailing lists, and chock full
of
useful information (drip). As to staying on topic, if you think 12-year
olds
whining "why can't my chaos lord take terminator armor and a displacer
field and 6 wargear cards and have the field protect my juggernaut and
have my combat drugs affect the jugger too?" is on-topic or relevant
in any way, then by all means, join them. and stay there...

Chris Miller