Re: [Epic] My DexCon Epic 40k experiences...

From: Christian Nielsen <raveallnight_at_...>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 1997 01:07:02 -0700 (PDT)

Here's something that came across the other day; Has anyone else
noticed that although the Imperial Leviathan's description still
states that it is a regimental HQ, it has lost its command status. So
how's this sound?
The price of a Leviathan is now 340 points, but it gains the special
ability Supreme Commander. If you take one or more Leviathans, you
may not select supreme commander detachment. Note that this makes it
possible to have several units with the supreme commander skill in
your army, but only one is the actual Supreme Commander according to
the following "chain of command":

ie. nominate one of your Leviathans as your Supreme Commander, and if
it is destroyed, nominate another Leviathan until all Leviathan's are
destroyed, at which point you no longer have a Supreme Commander.

Note: I know some of you may baulk at the idea of an army having
sveral units with the supreme commander skill running around (plenty
of stubborn troops), I reckon that this would not be out of character
with the Imperial Guard. If an attacking force has three Leviathans
(all capable of taking on the role of regimental HQ), then its troops
SHOULD all be stubborn.

Comments, please.

Christian

===
"I'z neva seen such yellow troopz in all's me life!"

           Warlord Big'ead, invasion of Tallern, just before
           being struck by a basilisk shell between the eyes.

Visit my Epic homepage at
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/4109

Christian